Distribution lists / mailing lists are administered when logging in to the Administrator account. Here we tell you step by step how.
Log in to the admin account. It’s usually email@example.com but not always. If you are not sure which account is your administrator account you just contact our support. It is only on an administrator account you see Admin console under your name.
1. Log in to the admin account.
All have at least one administrator account and usually it’s e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Click the arrow next to the account name in the top right corner to select the Admin Console and log into the admin interface (same login as your account, you are already logged in).
3. Click Manage in the left column and then Distribution lists.
4. At the top right, click the gear > New.
5. Fill in a name / e-mail address, for example email@example.com if you want to create a mailing list to easily send e-mails to everyone in the company (those included in the list).
6. Add e-mail addresses to the list.
Either by searching for their name in the top right corner or by entering their e-mail address in the box below. Click Add / Add All> Next.
- Display Name: What you want to call your list.
Also fill in a description for the list if needed, this is not visible externally.
- Can receive e-mail: mark this.
- Hide in the global address list: do not mark this.
7. Click Finish.
- Go to the Settings tab > Import / Export> Export.
- Select Contacts – Account Contacts.
- Source: Select the Address Book > OK > Export.
- Open the file in Excel or similar programs.
- Select the email addresses you want to include in the list. Copy and paste them into a word process program such as Notepad.
- Log in to the administrator account and create a mailing list.
- Copy addresses (eg from Notepad) and place them in the box at the bottom right.
- Add > Finish.
Administration of a mailing list
- When you want to add a new contact just log in, look for the list and add the new contact to it.
- When an account is deleted the address disappears from the list automatically.