You can share your folders in your briefcase with other users in Work2Go, but also with external guests or the public.
When you share a folder a copy of it will be placed in the other user left column. There’s no need to log into your account to access the information. You can either choose to share the top folder or a specific subfolder. If you select the top folder all underlying folders in the hierarchy will be available as well.
1. Right-click the Folder in your Briefcase you want to share and select Share Folder.
2. In the dialog box “Share Properties” you choose who you want to share your Folder with:
Internal users or groups
The user or group must have a valid email address in Work2Go. Assign them one of the following roles:
- None: An option you use to temporarily disable access to a shared Folder without canceling the sharing. The Folder will still remain in the other person’s account, but they won’t be able to view its content.
- Viewer: can read the content, but can’t make any changes to it.
- Manager: has full permission to read and edit the content.
- Admin: has full permissions to read, edit, add, delete, accept or decline invitations and administrate its content.
They can only read the content of the Folder, but can’t make any changes to it. Enter the email address of your guest and set a password.
They can only read the content of the Folder and don’t need a password for it. Hand out the URL that appears in the box below. Right-click it and select Copy link to get hold of the full URL. Anyone who knows about the URL to this Folder will be able to see its content. No one can however make any changes to it.
3. In the Message area you choose which type of message to send. This message can be sent to both internal users and external guests.
4. Click OK when you’re done.
NOTE: Keep in mind that if you have chosen Public, you will need to notify about the URL.