Information about the different settings that you can do for your calendar on your account.
At Preferences > Calendar you decide how you want your Calendar to appear and how activities should be managed.
- Select the default view of your Calendar: monthly, weekly, daily, as a list or schedule.
- Set which day your week should start with.
- Decide if your appointments should be set as public or private by default. (You can always modify this when creating a new Calendar.) When you receive Calendar invitations, they are marked as public if you have chosen public here. When private is selected, invitations will be marked as private instead.
- Choose if you want your mini Calendar to be visible or not.
- Decide if the week number should be visible.
- Choose whether received invitations should be added to your Calendar automatically. If this option is selected, you can accept invitations from both e-mails and from your Calendar. If you haven’t selected this option you can only accept invitations by e-mail.
- Enable if you want to delegate your Calendar for an Apple iCal CalDAV client.
- Select whether e-mailed invitations should be removed when you have answered it.
- Forward invitation e-mails to another email address.
- How and when reminders for appointments should be displayed.
Work week and hours
- Set how your work usually looks like to simplify meeting bookings.
- Use the QuickAdd dialogue when creating new appointments. This is very useful if you create a lot of appointments that only include yourself.
- Show timezone list in appointment view, which makes it more clear for you when you schedule meetings with people in different time zones.
You can only make settings for persons of the same organization (using the same domain in the e-mail address) as you. You can use the full email address or just the username of the / those you want to specify permissions.
- Set whether users should be allowed to see your free / busy time.
- Specify who can invite you to meetings, all or certain users.
- If you limit who can invite you, you can also choose to send an automatic reply message to let them know that they do not have permission to invite you.
- Enable to be able to see a calendar in Apple iCal.