Here we tell you how you can get help from a colleague to send e-mails so that they appear to come from you without sharing your inbox.
You can give other users permission to send e-mail on your behalf, from their own account. You can share a folder you need help with, but the sharing isn’t necessary.
- Go to the Preferences tab > Accounts.
- Check that the primary account is selected and click Add Delegat at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the e-mail address of the person you want to delegate permissions to. This must be an internal user address (ie an e-mail address with the same domain after the @ as yours).
- Add the sender for the messages that will be sent on your behalf.
Send as – only your e–mail address as the sender
Send for – both your and your colleague’s e–mail address as the sender
- Click on OK to save.
- An e–mail message is sent to your colleague telling you that you have given the person permission to send e-mails on your behalf. Your colleague now needs to log out and log back in to their account for the change to go through.
- When your colleague creates a new e-mail message s/he choose your name from the dropdown menu at the From field.